New Milford Tennis & Swim Club is a recreational facility where members and guests attend and participate at their own risk.
- Members must register their guests at the office.
- Children should be supervised in the bathrooms at all times. Should an accident occur, please notify a staff member immediately.
- Racquets and balls should be check out/purchased in the office. While the lower end loaner racquets are free of charge for use, should they not be returned your account will be charged based upon the racquet type lent.
- The back court and practice wall are not supervised by staff members.
- Children are allowed to use these areas as long as behavior is appropriate.
- Please supervise your child. We reserve the right to restrict use to such areas should the need arise.
- Balls are provided for lessons only.
- While we are able to loan balls for the back court, please make sure they are returned.
- It is expected that all trash is to be picked up and disposed of by the consumer.
- We are able to keep costs reasonable by not having to provide a full day, full time maintenance staff. Thank you for your cooperation.
Tennis Rules and Etiquette
- Proper tennis attire and clay court shoes required for play on the clay courts.
- When there are players waiting for court time, the allotted time is 1 hr. for singles and 1 hr. 15 minutes for doubles.
- All club sponsored events and programs will have priority of court time.
- Please check with the office or the website calendar for a schedule of tennis events.
- Courts will be closed for maintenance daily as follows:
- Courts 1-3 12:00 - 12:30 pm;
- Courts 4-6 12:30 - 1:00 pm
- As a courtesy to other players, please wait for the point to be finished before crossing courts.
- Members and children in the snackbar area are requested to respect players.
- Please do not allow children to play tag or horse around in this area.
- Players on the court after 7:00 pm are requested to brush the court on which they play.
- Lining of the court is NOT necessary at this time.
- Pool hours are from 8 am - 8 pm.A lifeguard is on duty from 10:00 am - 5:00 pm.
- No food or candy is allowed in the pool area.
- Glass is prohibited within the fenced area.
- All members and guests swim at their own risk.
- No running allowed.
- No diving into rings or on swimboards (or the equivalent).
- Only approved flotation devices are allowed for children's safety.
- Noodles are allowed except in the event of
- diverting water from the jets and
- smacking people or the water
- Lifeguards have the authority to discipline swimmers and remove them from the pool area if necessary.
- Please do not socialize with the lifeguards while they are on duty.
- No diapers. Swimpers or other approved swim gear is acceptable.
- Diving board is restricted to persons under 200 lbs.
- Kickboards are for swim lessons only.
- Pool toys are allowed within reason. Lifeguards will have the authority to approve or deny the use of such toys based upon various factors including, but not limited to safety and occupancy of the pool.